Monday, June 11, 2012

Hot new Distress colours....


Well, even though he is currently working his magic in the land down under, the wonderful Mr Tim of Holtz has released his latest in the Seasonal Distress line...

And no prizes for guessing that this is my favourite release to date...

Hot zingy colours...right up my alley..!!




Salty Ocean is a fabulous bright blue..

Mowed lawn is a really refreshing green...

And Picked Raspberry...well what can I say..?? My flabber is well and truly ghasted at how sumptious this pink is...

And where can you purchase these little beauties, I hear you ask...

Well they are on the shelves, in stock and ready to go in tomorrows post. Don't say we don't look after you all eh, lol.

They are available in the set of the three HERE...

and the set of three with reinkers HERE...


And of course...I just happened to have a set tucked away, so I decided to make a tag combining them with my Dylusions.

Here's the result...


First I blended the three colours together onto a manila tag, using the blending tool.


Then I added the Dylusions stencil Alphabet jumble, spritzed through with water and blotted. I then repeated the process with the dots stencil.


I then blended more ink through the dots stencil. Just look at all that layering.!


I inked up the solid leaf stamp with the Mowed lawn and stamped to the top of the tag.


I stamped various images from the Dylusions stamps, and coloured them with Dylusions inks in the waterbrushes.


I added the images to the tag and doodled...




Can't wait to see what you come up with..!!!

Enjoy xx

24 comments:

Ruby Craft said...

Yes! I can see why you say the new Summer Distress Inks are your favorite colors! I love what you did with them. Thanks for showing all your different layers. I knew they reacted with water but never thought of using the water with the stencils as you have here. LOVE IT!

Creative Tara said...

It's brilliant! I thought of you as soon as I saw the colours- I'm so excited to have these in the mix of Distress Inks :) What a fun tag!

SusanK said...

Yup, your name was written all over these luscious summer colors! Yum!

Sharon Y said...

What fun new colors! Love your tag. Thanks for showing the steps.

Linda M. Cain said...

I LOVE that solid leaf stamp!!! I just used it on a roof of a house and it was GORGEOUS! TFS!

~Linda

Inkypinkycraft said...

A fab tag and wow yummy colours! Hugs trace x

Helen said...

For some reason it didn't occur to me yesterday that the inks complemented your sprays but they are perfect and I can't wait... That is one gorgeous tag.

Debbie said...

Brilliant step by step Dy. Love the colours, a must have!

Just to thank you again Dy for the fab weekend, and Maria was great on the Sunday, so enjoyable, Angie and I are working away on our tags for the Star Book.
Look forward to coming over again this Summer to join in with more fun.
Don't work too hard (Oh ye!) and enjoy the USA.
Debbiexx

Sue said...

Glorious! I love that t!m has taken a page from YOUR color pallate!! Mine are ordered from my lss, so hopefully they will arrive soon so I can play!

Disco Queen said...

Wow! Not only are the new distress inks fabulous, but they mix flawlessly with the Dylusions sprays. Definitely a must have for people like me who love your layering techniques.

texasbarb said...

As soon as I saw the Ranger video yesterday, I thought of your Dylusions pallate. I love Distress and I love your spray inks...talk about a PERFECT pairing!!

Love the tag you made, too!

PocketSize said...

Love! Great use of the colors, I thought of you as soon as I saw the seasonals on Tim's blog. I love when you use the leaves and mushrooms, it's like all your art is showing a fantasy forest!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, gorgeous, fabulous tag!! I also thought of Dylusions when I saw the new DI colours yesterday.

Marianne/skorpionen said...

so gorgeous!!! Fantastic colors those summer distress inks!
and love the "girl", especially her neck :D

Anne said...

Gorgeous tag - the colours are so you - - I will have to get them. Thanks for the hints and tips. Sorry I missed today - test went well, hope to see you soon. Cheers Anne

ESS said...

Love the Tag, can't wait till we get our order in so that we can play with them. Your sprays and Tim's inks go together like Toast and Marmite :)

Kaz Hall said...

Love those colours they are so you!!! Love your tags too gorgeous! I want to know what your red hair name colour is??? Maybe we could have that one for Christmas???.... Just saying x

Big snogs

Kaz x

Miranda said...

wow the new colours are fabulous and so are your creations Dyan ....annnnnnnd can we expect some more juicy colours for Dylusions in autumn as well? that would be awesome
hugs
Miranda

Linda said...

Oh now I really need those summer colors as well! The tag is just so amazing! Wonderful bright and cheerful!

susiesu said...

WOW don't they go well with your inks? Thanks for sharing the steps to your wonderful tag. I now NEEEEEEEEEEED the Summer Distress Inks lol Susiesu xxx

Hee Sun Kim (MIYAKE) said...

beautiful color!
I ordered yesterday.
Waiting! Exciting!

Nicki said...

They are beautiful!!!

I can't wait for mine;0/.

Nick.xxx

Geraldine said...

Love your tag, and of course the new inks.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Love your work, it's FUN! Have a great day, Shirley

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott